This client lives at the Hamilton House, which is total Independent living, she is not independent. She is in a wheelchair, cannot walk , left hand shakes from stroke, right hand is no good either, she has become so depressed, her daughter lives in Kentucky and the other dgtr. is in a group home she is devolpmental handicapped, 37 years old. She does have a SW her name is Joan from Ofa. She has been to Therapy and speech therapy, cannot get out to go anywhere, was always used to doing for herself, she was scheduled to go to Yesteryears, have no clue if she has gone, all she does is cry. Has a cleaning lady . Needs to be in Assisted living. Cannot convince her, the other residents have given up helping her because she is her own worse enemy, wants to be babied, begged to come out, also SW has helped get people to help her and she has turned on that person. She is a diabetic and does not sleep at nite, states she can't, but will stay up to get someone to help her. We are not caregivers here where we live. She needs to have support group to talk, or better yet assisted living. Help

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Peace, your friend needs someone to accompany her to the doctor, or let the doctor know what is going on.

If Hamilton House is Independent Living and she needs a higher level of care, won't they involve Social Services to find her another facility?
Helpful Answer (2)

Dear peacelove44,

My dad suffered a stroke. It is so hard. Your client is going through a lot and I know there are no easy answers. If you can maybe have the nurse or doctor review her medications. Maybe some of them are interacting together and causing her to be depressed or maybe she needs different dosages.

She is extremely vulnerable and probably needs more patience and more compassion. I struggled with this too. All you can do is try. I hope others can offer more suggestions.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter