I will be caring for a stroke victim who needs help on the toilet. Is there an easy way to clean her after a bowel movement?

19

Answers

When using pre-moistened napkins, I've found it best to store them in a wipe warmer. I got lucky one day at a GoodWill store.k lo9
for $5. It was brand new, with a built-in night light. Munchkin maked them.
Reply to Cdominguez64

For those of you who mentioned a sudsy washcloth, if you're cleaning off a significant mess, how do you "rinse" the washcloth between wipes, especially if you're not adjacent to a sink? Thank you!
Reply to MarkleMama

to loosen sticky stool try shaving cream. helps it come right off.
Reply to zashinRN

I assume you are a man Djeranson, wiping feces forward into the vagina and urethra in women is definitely a no no.

Wipe from back to front with good quality toilet tissue folded in 4 layers. Do this with your own method as you desire.

Acquire a ( white) soft cotton wash rag folded in half and fold again to a square shape. Wet rag with warm water and apply either soap or shampoo to wet rag. Make sure bowel movement is completed. Wash anus area from back to front and front to back while changing position of rag in rotation until no stain is noticed on rag in last position. Clean stained white rag under faucet until all stain is gone. Hang cleaned rag up to dry, ready for next need. I am 90 and it works perfect for me.
Reply to djeranson

Person is in a recliner not enough room to do roll method person is situated on chux with pad between legs over perianal area cut zipper off one gallon zip lock bag. Spread persons legs apart. Lay bag flat and with your hand inside slide bag under pad. Remove pad. Use warm wet washcloth with glove on and it will slide between legs to clean bm. Do this until cloth or cloths are clean slide clean pad under bottom remove plastic bag😄
Reply to triedandtrue2u

The bidet toilet seats are frequently used in these situations. I installed one for a rehabilitating stroke client the other week and they are very happy with it.
Reply to RStreett

I've been reporting this salesman every time I see one of his posts. He must really be desperate for customers.

Did you learn this low, tasteless sales technique in Sleazy Salesmenship 101?
Reply to Rainmom

Digging up old posts to promote your business?
Reply to Rainmom