Is cannabidiol (CBD) oil derived from hemp covered under Medicare and/or Medicaid?

25

Answers

1 2 3
No.
Reply to Guestshopadmin

Does Medicare pay for CBD oil if subscribed for pain?
Reply to txcinbad15

IMO one of the problems with both CBD oils and medical marijuana is that there are so many different strains with different effects and uses for each and it is left up to the patient to do the research to figure out what to try. Yes, there are merchants who make recommendations, but all you have to do is trawl the web to find outrageous claims and testimonials.
Chatrbee2 Aug 1, 2018
What makes you believe they are far fetched. The results I’ve seen in my own home have been amazing.
(0)
I Googled "the 20 best CBD oils for 2018-Rave reviews"
#1 Four Corners Canabis. It is the only CBD oil that's extracted by ethanol and doesn't break up the bonds. It's a complete spectrum oil.
#2 Charlotte's Web
#3 CBD distillery
#4 Kay's Naturals (rated best in CBD isolate to meter it out to the exact mg.)

I did a large amount of reading (too much info to put here). I suggest you go there to learn a lot about CBD.

As far as I know, CBD oil is not covered by any insurance. My epileptic patient tried it for a year, unfortunately without lessening his seizures. His was not covered by government nor private insurance.

However there are many epileptic kids who have benefited from it by decreasing their seizures or practically eliminating  them.

The price differs depending on how much CBD is in the dose (from 1 mg. to 150 mg. per dose).

It is not cheap, over $100. for a small bottle but you start with a few drops.

I plan on ordering some because I'm tired of taking Ibuprofen every day which doesn't work for arthritic neck pain and interacts with another medicine I take. Tramadol somewhat works but gets me a bit dopey.
Of course I would not order any that had the THC in it, as that would not go along with being a nurse. It's worth a try.
Reply to SueC1957

I just started using hemp CBD oil for myself because I have fibromyalgia anxiety, all over arthritis especially in my spine and depression. The hemp plant CBD oil is legal in all 50 states because it has a very tiny amount of THC in it which is the part that makes you high. Marijuana CBD oil is not legal because it has a higher level of THC in it. I just started taking it about 2 weeks ago for myself. I'm 55 and have a lot of arthritis and fibromyalgia as well as anxiety and depression. Within a couple of hours It stopped my fibromyalgia and has really helped my arthritis. I get up in the morning now without any pain at all. It's working on my anxiety it hasn't completely gotten rid of that yet and it's helping me with my depression. I have a much clearer head which is huge when you're on pain medication. I have not felt this good and like my old self in a long time.and have been very active since I started taking it. I have been on Percocet for years for my arthritis and for migraines. I have not had a migraine since I started taking the oil. You really need to find out what your dosage is I am still working on that. I don't know about getting it at Walmart or anything like that, I assume it's hemp CBD oil. But you have to really look at what's in the actual medication. If it's hemp oil it has a lot of ingredients but it does not have CBD in it which is what actually benefits you. It will have fish oil and things like that in it. You really have to confirm that there is CBD oil in it and how much. You can decide whether you want to use that once you determine what CBD oil level you need. I am now at 15 mg, and my pain is very low. I have almost completely stopped taking my Percocet. I've been buying it online. But I'm going to ask my doctor if I can get the medical marijuana card. I know all of this can be confusing, and it sounds like a miracle drug for me. I am a true patient and this has really changed my life. I'm not telling anyone to go out and buy it, I'm just telling you what it is done for me.
Reply to Junglemom

CBD oil from the hemp plant which is used for pain management epilepsy fibromyalgia anxiety etcetera is legal in all 50 states. It's because the hemp plant CBD oil has a very very tiny amount of THC which is the part that makes you high that's illegal. The marijuana CBD oil is illegal
Reply to Junglemom

Here's an article about Medical Marijuana and Medicare: medicarequick.com/will-medicare-prescription-drug-plans-cover-marijuana I hope this helps!
Reply to Kathe555

I thought I put on here that I sell cbd oil from the only pharmaceutical grade oil on the market - Green Roads World. I've been using it for pain, depression, and fibromyalgia for 6 months now and it's doing wonders for me. I've been giving it to my Grandmother with mid-stage dementia and it's been helping with us getting along in her sundowning times in the evening, which is MARVELOUS!! So there are lots of uses. I have one client with eczema who says it's been helping her, and another with sicle cell and it's been helping her.
Reply to ycatsms

Gdjc123: "God gave us all that we need"-But why not use medical breakthroughs?
Reply to Llamalover47

God gave us all that we need. Why is the Government making it illegal to follow His plan for us??!!
Ezekiel 47:12
And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing.”
Reply to Gdjc123

1 2 3