How do I get over the grief of watching my mom die while taking care of her?

Read More
Cwillis and lucky lu,
EVERYONE
IN
THIS
FORUM
NEEDS
TO WATCH BARBARA KARNES
VIDEO
ON THE PROCESS OF DYING.
I am glad I did, and I feel more confident and prepared to give my mom and myself the best way to handle the inevitable. Lots to think about, and a very good video. Thank you for suggesting I watch it. I am thankful, and actually more at ease, understanding the stages of dying.
Best regards to all,
M88
My Mom passed on and finally found peace from her many ailments 2 mos. ago. She was bedridden in my home for a year and a half. I find that looking at old photos of Mom happy, and thinking of good times in the past really helps me to realize that the bad time at the end of her life is but a very small part of her 93 years. It is not easy and in many ways I still am reeling from the caregiving and missing her, but each day I try to replace those bad memories with good ones. Even thinking of things Mom liked to do, or things she taught me help push the bad away. It will take time though. I found that displaying photos of a happier time and putting it where I see it often helps.