Need help walking at home and away.

Call ur homecare agencies. Sometimes patients families donate.

In my area, I just call around to different towns social services departments. Usually they are located at the senior centers. They have rooms full of donated items.

Contact local churches, a lot of them have medical equipment closets and they are happy to provide them free of charge.

THANKS! Great Ideas!
Reply to WJAR512

I see medical equipment for sale at garage sales, thrift shops, etc., all of the time.  You might consult with the local hospital and see if they are upgrading their equipment and could you buy a "used" assistive device from them.  Also, pitch to your family to all pitch in and buy you a big EARLY birthday gift or Holiday gift in the form of a stroller.  Walmart has medical equipment for sale.  We have businesses that sell/rent equipment where I live and might be upgrading on some of theirs as well and could give you a deal on something that they are replacing.  Ask to speak to the P.T. at your local hospital for advice on obtaining AD.  Lots of avenues out there.  Look up assistive devices on the computer and there will lots of possibilities.  Also, Craig's List, local papers that advertise all sorts of stuff for sale, etc.
Reply to debbiesdaz

WJAR, your best bet is to call your local county/city council on aging to see if there are any groups that could donate a 4 wheel walker. Or give you suggestions on how to obtain one.