Can we talk about the "F" word?

We talk about poop and pee and tissues all the time. I wanna know WTF is with the FARTING! OMG the smell fills the whole house and wafts up stairs to my room. It is NOT a human smell!!!!! It can best be described as a skunk, that ate 10 lbs of garlic, rolled around in sauerkraut,climbed up her butt and died! Anyone else dealing with this? BTW, she has NO sense of smell. She is SOOOOO lucky!

26

Answers

1 2 3
My sis has a gas issue too and she is diabetic. It is the medication in her case, LOL!! I guess you won't get a breath of fresh air any time soon so use the air freshners!!

I worked with a man who farted constantly and smelled as you describe. Turns out he had diabetes. I would discuss the intensity of the smell to her Dr. Does she have hidden food allergies? Can you gradually change her diet, eliminating white flour, lowering sugar intake, and increasing the fiber content by adding fruits and vegetables. I feel for you. I loved my co worker but that was living hell

My MIL let's one just about every time she gets up off the couch. She did it one time when she was here for my daughter's birthday party and we all tried to ignore it. My three year old didn't ignore it though and hollered out Eeeewwwww! She was so embarrassed. Then sometimes she'll let out silent but deadly ones then hug me and I'm trapped, trying not to gag. I don't know if it's her diet or medication. She takes a probiotic every day and is convinced that vitamins make her eat more, causing weight gain. I don't know if anything will help.

Boni off topic but about moms dog
Have you tried mouse traps on the table? That might frighten him off. or use mothballs that might kill two birds with one stone!!!!

omigod I'm laughing so hard, tears are falling .... and ya know it's cuz I can relate, right?

Well, I put a "stick on" type air freshener right by her bedroom door, it's helping. I will talk to her Doc at our monthly appt, as well. Thanx Y'all!

OMG!!! I feel for ya. Febreeze maybe.

Agree it sounds like something's not quite right that should be easy to get under control with some simple adjustments - nobody's smell of roses and violets but it shouldn't be unbearable!

Then again, how do you ignore the noise? Once the person is deaf and thinks she's being discreet… and beats a tattoo as she walks across the room… and you fatally catch your young nephew's eye… I tell myself as long as she doesn't notice you've got the giggles you're not hurting her dignity… For shame...

Ask the doctor first,,,,..but Activated Charcoal tablets work like a charm!

I think the idea of "active cultures" sounds good to cut down on the source. To protect your nose, I recommend lighting a candle. It really does work pretty well to burn up the sulfur odors. My husband is a big fan of British style beers, many of which are "Burtonized" by the use of gypsum, a sulfate compound that provides a distinctive "nose" to the resulting flatulence. Try a candle, and get her to the doctor.

1 2 3