Can my sister's throw me out of our parents home?

My mother has to go into care and my father health is failing. I moved in with my parents to care for them in 2012 after losing my job as it seemed the logical thing to do. I have had no support from my sisters who are making life very difficult

18

Answers

cmagnum sadly my sisters will never appreciate what i did for my dad or what i do now for my mother They are control freaks they wont allow mum to decide things for herself they tell her what she has got to do even down to how mum spends her money one sister did all the arangement for dads funeral invited her friends to the wake and sent my mother a bill for her expences ie phone and petrol and the cost to get photos printed to make a photo board of dads through the years which she just took upon herself to dothe total 900 pounds the other sister does my mother shopping spending 60 pound a week plus for one person
i feel they are ripping my mother off and dont know what to do about it sadly if i say anything they acuse me of making trouble they are now even telling my mother what head stone to buy and what to have put on it . the sad fact is my mother is more than capable of making her own disicions but they wont let her when a social worker can to access mum to see if mum needed any help with things they told a lot of lies making my mother look stupid so you see i have now come to the point for my own sake i have got to move on and have nothing more to do with my sibbling sadly leaving my mother at there murcey

Wringles, to quote someone who has been on this site longer than myself, it sounds like you got yourself painted into a corner. Didn't look to me like you had much of a choice. i hope your sisters will one day appreciate what you did for him. I'm sorry to hear about your dad's death. You can feel good about the good care that you provided him while you lived there. I wish you well in seeking to rebuild your life.

Wringles, I am so sorry to hear of your dad's recent death. I take it that your mother is no longer in the care center but has moved back home?

Your mother is a wise woman not to engage with taking sides against certain of her children. You siblings need to work out your issues without asking mom to side with you against your sisters. I hope that eventually you will see the wisdom of her position and not consider yourself without a family.

I am sad to say this but what i have thought for a long time has now been proved my mother has told me in no uncurtian words she will not have a bad word said about my two sisters even though she knows they did nothing tohelp me look after our dad who sadly passed away 3 weeks ago my mother has allowed one sister to get rid of my fathers belonging and is quite happy for her to also redecorate the house which i feel is to soon and my mother will regret this but who am i my mother has said i can live with her to help her but sadly after hearing she condone their actions i dont want to so iam moving out and as far aas i am concerned have no family

Sorry to hear about your situation. It's a tough one, I know as going through something similar. Surely if you are paying a rent to your parents and can proof it then you have the rights of a tenant and only way you can be removed you from the property (since you clearly want to stay to look after your father) is a court order.
Think your siblings should realise this situation isn't about them it's what's in the best interest for your parents.

It sounds to me as if you own a home, but can't afford the mortgage since you're unemployed. So you move in with your dad and rent out your house so you can pay mortgage and have money to spend on your food etc. Wouldn't it be better to sell your property, rent a smaller less expensive home and find a job? You have to think long term. Sooner or later your parent's asset (their home) will either be sold to pay their bills, or, if they don't own it, whatever fundd are paying their rent, will be directed towards tbeir nursing home. The problem is not how to get all 3 sisters involved taking care of your dad. The problem is you're not taking care of your own needs first. You must think long term, how to support yourself, and plan for your own senior years. It would be unfortunate if you had to sell your property but its more unfortunate if you don't get back to work and making an income.

cmagnum, i have my own property which i rent out to pay the small amount of mortgage on it if i evict my tenant i will lose an income and with no job my property as well this may sound selfish but surly iam entitled to a life as well dont get me wrong my fathers care and well being are my top priority . my middle sister has taken it upon herself to take over control of my parents finances also my young sister has informed me that she is looking into court of protection for my father but she is not going name me on any paper work only my middle sister and herself she says it because of my financal situation but if she thought about it my financal situation is because iam not working the social worker asigned to my father ask my sisters in ameeting we had why they could not take my father to the hospital to see our mother one said because of her children who are aged 12 and 15 the other one said because it is her only day off work and yet she goes to the hospital

Why would you have to pay for your father's day care? Your father pays for his day care. If he can't afford it, call a social worker and ask what his options are - because you need to work and you can't take care of him.

I'm sorry your sisters seem so unsympathetic. But there's unsympathetic, and then there's unreasonable. Will they not even discuss your parents with you?

wringles, the district nurses can verify that you have been present and caring for the parents and how long they have seen this going on. Your father's MD can substantiate the need for care.