Can my sister get her SSI back after getting her out of an unsafe nursing home without them knowing it?

My sister left her nursing home after being sexually harassed by a patient there. So after signing her over to the nursing home, I got her out without telling them for safety reasons. Now how can she get her SSI signed back to her, or will the nursing home get her SSI next month?

2

Answers

However, the nursing home will know that you have discontinued payments to them from SSI. Be prepared for a final bill or a call from the Nursing Home if your sister left without notice. Most of the NH's have a clause in admission paperwork about notice before leaving.
Reply to Guestshopadmin

Dear Nattie,

I'm so sorry to hear what your sister has been through. I'm glad you were able to ensure her safety and remove her. I would talk to SSI office immediately to stop any further payment to the nursing home.
Reply to cdnreader