Can my mom get any kind of extra help or benefits since my DAd was a Veteran but has passed quite a while ago?


She is 83 and needs monetary help to keep your home repaired, etc.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing


Hi definitely contact the Veteran's Administration, if your Dad served during certain periods of time during wars your Mom may qualify for Aid and Attendance benefit. Do not wait as the process is long. I applied for my mom when my father passed that was May of 2017, Mom never received any funds just a monthly letter saying they were reviewing her claim, even though because she was over 90 it should have been expedited. mom passed two weeks ago today I get a letter from the VA saying that Mom has passed and her case is terminated.
Helpful Answer (0)

This is a question best posed to the local VA. Contact the closest county VA office or local VA hospital. Or contact either and ask how to get assistance from one of the service organizations (such as American Legion or VFW).

If your father wasn't getting VA help, you would be asking for survivor's assistance, so be sure to mention that.

There are VA funds for home issues, but I don't recall offhand what's available, or what the criteria are.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.