Can my husband qualify for a walk in tub?


He cannot get in his tub that we have now nor get out. My husband is a 100 percent diabled vietnam vet. And has many help issues. He has Heart desease an anuysium in his aorda Type 2 diabetes. and many other health problems So we are asking for help to get him a walk in tub for his bath room. I t would ysiclbe so helpful to him physically and mentally.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing


I actually found a program that may be of help, but it's specifically related to disabled veterans. I don't know if his disability is service-related, but you can give them a call and see if you qualify.
"The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) makes grants available to service members and veterans with certain permanent and total service-connected disabilities to help them buy or build an adapted home, or modify an existing home to accommodate a disability. The two grant programs are the Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) grant and the Special Housing Adaptation (SHA) grant. You can apply online or call VA toll free at 1-800-827-1000 to have a claim form mailed to you."
Please let the community know if it actually helps you - this was the first I'd seen it.
Helpful Answer (0)

I've never read of anyone getting help installing a walk-in tub or shower, I think that is an expense you will have to bear yourself?
Have you tried a transfer bench, there are some pretty fancy ones that allow you to sit on the outside of the tub and have rails to slide over into the tub... of course you will have to lift his legs over.
Do you have aides to come in and help you? As a vet he should be entitled to that.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.