I sold my property and called Medicaid to close case, they told me to send papers of sale with price because Medicaid may put a penalty against me. I live in Missouri. Can they take money from sale of property? Thank you for your time

Yes, medicaid can recover from any of your assets got from anywhere. There are times that elder care attorney can suggest ways to shelter money, but I don't really know what they are and would not use them. It is after the fact now in any case. You are best to be scrupulous in your reporting of all details. You will be notified as to the facts after that.

Are you referring to nursing home type Medicaid or community programs?  MERP - after death lien against property or was property sold before death? If you made money from the sale then you might be disqualified from nursing home Medicaid until money was spent down.
Reply to rovana

Most definitely, pay back for the money they paid in your behalf.
Reply to DollyMe

Yes they can recoup the money they paid for your healthcare.
Reply to worriedinCali