My mother is 75 yrs old. I live with her in her house. There is just a lot of junk that needs to be thrown out...56 yrs worth. She said, "I could use her money." I handled her finances. I know she will need Medicaid, and I am keeping her books. But can I use her money for a dumpster to clean out her house and have her not get penalize from Medicaid? She won't need Medicaid for a year or more! (I figure).

My mother is a fall risk and there is just too much stuff that I couldn't give away.

Thank you for your answers in advance :)

As long as its an expense for Mom then there should be no problem.
Shell38314 Jun 12, 2019
Thank you for your reply. It is for my mother. She filled her house up over the years, although nothing is on the floor, I am afraid of her falling and hitting her head on something or tripping over old not being used furniture and what nots! She is a fall risk!
(0)
Your in Michigan, right? Yes, you can use it for a dumpster. Lookback is pretty non existent here. They asked for 3 months of statements. They only do more for payouts after application. The person I dealt with had given hundreds of thousands to Soaring Eagle with no penalty.
Reply to tacy022
Shell38314 Jun 12, 2019
Tacy, oh, I didn't know that! Thank you for your reply.
(0)