Mom had a stroke an been in a wheelchair 7 yrs ,surgeries since 2007-2011, a non-healing wound that well now. Do I need Respite Care?

What is the answer because my patience is on edge and I feel helpless at the moment. I think she need to get away for a visit. She need to see some of her friends and her grand-daughters. We moved to Denver and she does have any friends or relatives here. The grand-daughters are in Maryland and Virginia and she have relatives in Las Vegas She heard that one of the grand-daughters is taking a trip to Vegas and she wants to go to visit her when she is there. She said can get Respite Care in Las Vegas is that true? She can stay there for the care. Please tell me if this is true. Can I get help for my mother to get the Care for a a short stay in a assisted living community?

1

Answer

If you Google "Respite Care Las Vegas" you will see there are a number of facilities that can provide respite care. But you'll have to pay for it and get your mom there. Maybe you could call one of the facilities and talk with someone to get a better idea of how they work.