Not enough disability to qualify with VA.

Rparis, the vast majority of us grown children do not get paid for taking care of our parent(s). Those that do, their parents are paying the grown child from their own retirement fund. One would need to draw up an Employment Agreement.

Check with your local agency on aging and see what programs are available to help your parents.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to freqflyer

they would have to pay you themselves. In order to be paid through a state program, they have to be on medicaid. Have they applied for VA aid & attendance?
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to worriedinCali

If they need long term care, there is always a way for them to qualify for Medicaid. I would suggest you consult an Elder Law attorney to have their income structured.
Helpful Answer (2)
Reply to mstrbill

Ask a Question

Subscribe to
Our Newsletter