Can I get paid to be a caregiver to my Mom?


I live in Ct.
My mom lives w/ us & is totally dependent on me.
I can only work part time because I am her caregiver.
Can I get paid by the state to supplement?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.


It's possible to get paid by taking care of your aging loved ones. However, not all types of ltc insurance will pay for a family member to take care of you. The best thing you can do is verify if your mother's policy offers this benefit. I think Indemnity Long Term Care Insurance offers this since it gives you full control on how you will utilize your benefits. Your carrier will give you maximum daily benefits depending on your coverage and you can use this to pay for care or for any other purpose. I hope this helps.
Helpful Answer (0)

Hi. In the search box, upper corner, put "getting paid." Yours is a common question.
Helpful Answer (0)

Majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their elderly parent, unless the parent is financially able to pay from their own funds. If a parent can afford to pay you, the parent might as well hire a certified trained caregiver… thus allowing you to keep your job.

If you live in the U.S., check to see if your parent could qualify for Medicaid…. each State has different eligibility requirements the parent must meet. If your State has such a program to pay a grown child to care for a parent, you might feel your parent needs 12 hours of care, the program might decide only 5 hours. And you may need to take some health care courses to qualify. Plus there is a question as to if the State will pay a relative if he/she already lives full-time with the parent.

Also, check with your local Council on Aging to see what programs they offer, such as an Aide coming to the house couple days a few for an hour or two.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.