I have been the main care taker for my grandmother for 3 years. I moved in with her to her 4 bedroom house to prevent her from going into a nursing home. She has heart disease, and has had multiple surgeries involving her heart etc. She also suffered from a stroke years back. She just recently quit drinking alcohol after being hospitilized which required surgery, and is now a recovering alcoholic. She still smokes 1.5 packs of cigarettes a day. She requires a walker and wheelchair to be mobile and can not drive. She has very good mental health, but still has very bad nerve problems and has very bad shakes and tremors... Keeping up with the house, running errands, preparing food, and cleaning up after her is pretty much a full time job. I am curious about getting into a program that can help me as I have heard that it is possible to receive some kind of income since I have no time to work. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
If your grandmother is on Medicaid you might be able to get some income. Congratulations to her, by the way, that she was able to stop drinking! That's a start.

Try going to your state Web site and following through to some kind of aging services. Then find a local contact on that site to guide you through the local help. Medicaid is a federal program, but it is locally administered.
Good luck. You are such a sweetheart.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter