Can I get money for looking after my Dad?

Been looking after dad for two weeks 6 days a week cleaning doing laundry cooking shopping taking him banking taking him to doctor appointments taking him to hospital 5 days a Week for radiation has pancres cancer so wondering if I can get paidfor doing this appreciate any advice

9

Answers

What i did forget to mention is that there is formal and informal care and the case manager will let you know. Dr appointments, medications and financial things you cannot be paid for

tacy, that's a good point. The states that I'm more familiar with bar it, but there are states that allow it under a consumer directed option. And there are limits on who can provide care. So it depends on the state, as is always the case with Medicaid.

Mrsdab, medicaid waiver will pay for care caregiver care after a needs assessment and the amount of care is determined. The care can be provided by an agency or family member

Unfortunately, Medicaid does not pay for caregiver care. If resources are limited, your best bet is to seek a home and community-based waiver under Medicaid for personal care. Not enough information to weigh in on the likelihood of that. It looks like he's being treated for cancer so there may be some interim, limited care you can receive in the home under Medicare in connection with those treatments.

If he is a veteran call the VA and check on "Aid and Attendance" to see about eligibility requirements. In some states Medicaid may pay you a minimal stipend. Check with Medicaid.

I asked if he received medicaid, if so possibly based on needs

Thank you but money is limited was wondering from government

Does he get medicaid

Have you spoken with your Dad about him paying you and does he have the financial resources to do this? If you are asking if someone else will pay you to take care of Dad, Not that I know of. But, there doesn't seem to be enough information to respond to that anyway.