Kat, the vast majority of grown children who are caring for a parent do not get paid..... not unless your Mom can pay you from her own savings account. If she can do that, then you would need to create an employment agreement which shows what are your duties, the hours per week, your hourly rate, and who will be paying the payroll taxes.

Another route is to check to see if your Mom can apply and be accepted by Medicaid [which is different from Medicare]. Medicaid is available to seniors who are finding themselves without adequate income. All States offer some type of income but please note, depending on your State, it would be minimum wage for a few hours per week. Medicaid is taxpayer funded.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to freqflyer

Kat2570, see:
Also check out: (this one is specifically for seniors)
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Geaton777

Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter