Will you still have enough to pay for taxes and insurance?

It depends on your state. Some have no value limits, some have a value of less than $4500 and others just say "reasonable value."
Reply to tacy022

Are you on Medicaid now? If so, I would check with them before purchasing something that will cost that much. If your on it its because you are within their criteria financially. They may look at it as, if you can purchase a car, you can pay for your care. Medicaid rules for health insurance is different than Medicaid paying for LTC.

If your talking about Medicaid in the future, than I don't see a problem with getting a new car now.
worriedinCali May 3, 2019
Medicaid doesn’t look at it that way. They allow you to have a car. They all you to buy a new car.
(0)
For medicaid, you are allowed to have one car. And you can purchase a new car while on medicaid as long as it is your only car.
Reply to worriedinCali

As far as I know, Medicare eligibility has nothing to do with an asset test. And, a car is an asset.

For Medicaid, please go on your state's website and click on the eligibility rules. There are distinct rules about cars.
Reply to anonymous903302