Can I be kicked out of HUD housing if I’m mom’s caregiver?

We just got a note saying I have to leave or become a tenant. Mom is on HUD. What can I do, I have 3 days.

4

Answers

The answer is yes. Under HUD regulations you cannot have someone living with you if you have filed as a single tenent. Your Mothers share of the rent is based on her living there alone. And like said, a background check is done on new applicants. You need to speak to HUD, like said, and tell them the situation. Your Mom could lose her voucher so do it now.
Wylee333 Aug 17, 2018
Thanks I know you are right
(0)
HUD requires criminal background checks. You can’t have eviction history or old unpaid utility bills and no history of abuse of any kind and no animals or smoking. No felonies and certain misdemeanors disqualify.
Reply to anonymous439773
Wylee333 Aug 17, 2018
I know I’ve already been approved a couple years ago they changed their workers all the time it’s better to do this kind of stuff in person
(0)
Take a letter from mom's doc that stating mom's health needs and that she needs the care.
Reply to gladimhere

So, what does becoming a tenant involve? Do you have an objection to doing that?

Is this a "note" or an official notification? Go to the local HUD office and find out what your options are.
Wylee333 Aug 17, 2018
It’s a 3 day or else, mom and I are going to HUD Monday they closed today
thanks
(0)