This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
We encourage people not to quit their jobs, because you lose a lot more than just a salary. Many of us are old enough to start thinking about our own retirement.

You can check in your specific state, if there is any financial help for you, but no one ever comes back to tell us about any great programs that pay them.

Most elderly cannot pay what it really costs per month to care for them. That is why many go to the nursing home, because they can get that paid for, if they qualify for medicaid.
Helpful Answer (1)

That’s a very common question. Majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their parent, unless the parent is financially able to pay from their own pocket. If a parent can afford to pay you, the parent might as well hire a certified trained caregiver allowing you to keep a full-time job.

If you live in the States, see If your parent qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver come in to help for a couple hours. Also check to see if your State is one of those States that has a “Cash and Counseling” program to help you out. Note that each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs.

Also contact your county agency on aging for programs, such as Case Management, Meals on Wheels, Adult Day Care, housing, care referrals, etc,... go to the website link below.... click on your State.... now click on the city/county.

And please come back to the forums if you have any Caregiving questions, we would be more than happy to share our experiences with you, and give you ideas on what to do.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter