My Mom (70) had a major stoke and just had another one. We can't leave my mom alone she has speech, memory issues. Me and my dad take care of her. she goes to get occupation therapy, speech therapy and physical therapy 2x a week. she was in a skilled nursing place for about one moth. I want to know if medicare will pay for someone to come in and take care of her a few hours on the weekends my dad and I both work on Saturday. and we just need some help. If my dad quits his job on the week end can he get compensated?

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Nichole, according to the website, Medicare doesn't cover custodial care, meaning helping with everyday life.

Sorry, vast majority of spouses are not paid to care for their spouse unless the wife has funds to pay her husband for her care. If your Mom is able to do that, your Dad would need to draw up an employment contract stating number of hours each week, the hourly pay, and who will be paying the payroll taxes. This contract is needed just in case in the near future you Mom would need to qualify for Medicaid help.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question is asked frequently and repeatedly, so there are already a lot of answers that could be of help to you.

These are some hits and articles to check out:

Caregiver pay:

Medicare payment to caregiver:

Medicare payment for home health aid:

When looking for advice on this frequent topic, the search box at the upper right hand corner of the page is your best friend!
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter