Here is some good info right from the home page of this forum:
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Geaton777

If you are on Medicaid (different than Medicare) and need in-home caregiving, some states have programs that will pay a person chosen by the care recipient. It looks like Ohio is one such state. However, it’s my understanding that the pay is quite low and that there tend to be a lot of restrictions in terms of being eligible for the program and for how many hours.

I would check with your local Area Agency on Aging office or their website for more information.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to SnoopyLove

You can pay them, but you can't get Medicare or any other entity to pay them. Put it in writing if you decide to do it.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to MJ1929

Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter