Hello everyone, thanks for all your support the last few years. I am wondering if anyone can provide advice on how to find a geriatric psychiatrist that will make house calls in the 11377 area. My mother refuses to leave home or see any doctors (or to take any medications). Short of calling an ambulance (for the 3rd time), I'm not sure how to get her help. Unfortunately, she's never received a formal dementia/Alzheimer's diagnosis and I think that's where we need to start but not sure how to go about this. Thanks a bunch.

Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to atl1977

A Geriatric Care Manager makes house calls. Can connect you to a Geriatric Psychiatrist. Can give advice on how to work through denial of care.
Helpful Answer (1)
Reply to Sendhelp
atl1977 Jun 1, 2021
that would be excellent - how do I go about finding one?
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter