A man of 74 yrs. can no longer walk and needs physical therapy. He resides in the state of Florida but had to return to his son's house in New York state. He has Medicare plus an additional insurance policy. Can the therapy be done for an out of state resident in the state of NY?

Find Care & Housing
It depends. With traditional Medicare, you can check to see if a facility nearby is accepting new patients.
If parent has one of the Medicare Advantage plans, most of them are only good in the state, sometimes even only the county purchased. Call the number on the back of the ID card and talk to a representative at the company to see if the coverage exists in New York under his policy. If this is a long term stay, you may need to consider changing insurance to a policy based in New York.
Helpful Answer (3)
Reply to Guestshopadmin