The papers said that this person (his mother) should be and hereby appointed over the person (fiancee/living togther 5yrs) and estate of that someone and that as conservator, bond, inventory and accounting unto the court be waved. How can they get conservatorship with out knowing if I already had poa over this someone?

I get it...mom trumped your POA because she went to court. Your recourse is to hire a lawyer to overturn. I would also check if the state recognizes a difference in POA vs conservator. Legally, while he is in ICU, next of kin can bar others from ICU if a patient cannot speak

You mention a coma. If he is now in a vegetative state or it looks like this is permanent and you are not his wife, seek legal help ASAP. At 5 years engagement and possible co mingling of money, his mom may file for Medicaid, which means a big financial mess for you. You are not getting enough medical info to know about his wakefulness after 2 weeks of induced coma. If he was of clear mind, you would be able to visit under his consent and that is not happening.

Based on your response he is at least 3 weeks in the hospital. Once discharged to rehab, he only gets 3 weeks before it begins to get expensive and this may nor be enough time for him to come home in good mental or physical condition. Head injury can take months of recovery

On the other hand if a permanent vegetative state is his condition, do you want to handle NH care and costs for the rest of your life? This is a big burdon. Seek professional advice for yourself. You can ask the lawyer if you could be involved in visitation and medical decisions since you had a POA, but you also need to protect your finances. You could end up worse off here.

Is you boyfriend competent? Meaning is there a reason he can't make choices like he is in a coma or somekind of brain damage due to an accident. Because what I just read says conservator is like a guardian. You get it usually because the person can't handle his/her money and it goes thru the courts. POA is not court binding. Its assigned, and if the person cannot make informed decisions, then guardianship will override POA. Just wondering, were you aware of a hearing? That way you could have shown BF had a POA assigned. His Mom would have had to prove why the POA should be revolked.

So yes, a conservator can say who and who can't visit. Just wondering if the Judge knew a POA was in place.
lona0722 Dec 23, 2018
No I was not notified of the hearing r anything i went and got a copy of the conservatorship paper and from the way it sounds the judge was not aware of my power of attorney papers and he was in a bad car wreck and was n a medical induced coma for almost 2 wks but he woke up the day before she showed up at the hospital with the papers and had them tell me I had to leave and coildnt come bk and that they wasnt allowed to give me any information on him no longer and that was a wk ago and the reason his mom is like that is Because they dont like me and have tried every thing over the past yrs to split us up and keep us apart and this is her way of keeping us apart
(0)
Iona,
Please ignore the Dr. Robert comment and "troll", as he is a spammer and will be removed from the forum.

Iona,
What do you think the problem is with you not being allowed to see your fiance?
Is his mother preventing you in some way?
lona0722 Dec 23, 2018
Because they dont like me and have tried every thing over the past yrs to split us up and keep us apart and this is her way of keeping us apart
(1)
Troll

Lona, I know you’re trying to get an answer without giving out too much personal information, but your post is confusing and very hard to understand. Please re-write your post, don’t use abbreviations and give us a little more information so we can try to help you. Thanks.