Do ALF’s allow in-room cameras? I am moving a LO into a California facility and am curious whether these are allowed. Not being able to be in the room during onboarding is troubling. Once all her furniture is moved in, I am required to leave. Had it been pre-coronavirus, I would have visited daily to make minor adjustments to the layout, communicate with staff on preferred ADL practices and other nuances.

Would rather asked for forgiveness than permission. :-) Does anyone have experience with this?

Correct! Approval from the LO written into her “care plan” and a sign posted. I’m embarrassed that I even considered not notifying all parties. Privacy laws are a good thing. Thanks, @worriedinCal.
Reply to PhunkyPhriend

It’s legally allowed but you have to sign a waiver and get it approved by the community care licensing division.
Reply to worriedinCali

Look at your contract and see if it’s addressed.
Here is an article that might inform you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/state-approves-security-cameras-in-patient-rooms-at-nursing-homes/1996492/%3famp
Reply to 97yroldmom
PhunkyPhriend Apr 20, 2020
Thanks, @97. The camera will be added to her contract and a sign indicating its use will be posted.
(0)