By law is there a minimum number of caregivers per resident in a RCAC and CBRF facility in the State of Wisconsin?

My mother resides in a RCAC facility as an assisted living resident. They have a chronic problem with being understaffed. The weekends are especially bad. I think it's a case of the RN isn't there so a caregiver isn't doing her job and tells me they don't have an RA (resident assistant ) that do the dressing. While the other caregiver is passing meds this one was sitting in the nurses office eating a bag of chips. A call has been placed to the RN in charge.

1

Answer

You should contact your state public health department to file a complaint. They should be responsible for licensed compliance and may want to investigate. I work in a hospital and we get frequent state visits from routine to follow up. Staffing can sometimes be an issue My Mom's AL was once required to add staff which the did not add when several vacant rooms became occupied