I am trying to buy some new clothes for a nursing home resident. She has lost weight and the clothes she has there are now two or three sizes too big!

I am having trouble with pants. I need pants with a 25.5 inch (or 26 at most) inseam. They need to be pull on and washable, of course. Unfortunately, she doesn't like capris. She keeps trying to tug them down.

I found a pair at Macy's but when I went back to reorder they said they were backordered in her size to JULY! UGH! I used to buy petite (28 inch inseam) and have them hemmed but I don't sew and the tailors are all closed. Even petite short sometimes needs to be hemmed.

Does anyone have a good place to shop for online clothes that are soft, washable, easy to put on and for the very short? Thank you!

Alfred Dunner pull on polyester pants from J.C. Penneys.
They come in a variety of short sizes and are easy to wash.
Reply to Caregiver2020
JoAnn29 May 1, 2020
Yes, bought these for Mom. They hold up very well.
(3)
My mom bought lots of stuff at Blair. They usually have petite available and have knit pants with matching tops.
Reply to LivingSouth
Alicew234 May 1, 2020
Thank you! Very cute clothes!
(0)
I've had good experiences on eBay. I have found that the sellers will readily provide measurements when asked and sometimes item's inseam, etc is already part of the item description and I don't even have to request it. I've also asked for the "unstretched" elastic waistband measurement - which helps give a more accurate idea on the fit. They are generally more than happy to provide info because they thrive on positive feedback and repeat business.
Reply to Mysteryshopper

Kohl’s. Some in petite short. Plus lots if sales and coupons!! Agree about trying crop pants. Often in 25” length. I am short and it works for me.
Reply to Goldie66

Land’s End are great and I’ve bought them for my mom, but they run big, so order smaller size. I’ve read their reviews and many people say the same thing. She loves the elastic waisted jeans, they’re not too thick, and very durable through washings.
Reply to Nimbus

I agree with cwillie. Our biggest challenge is soft. As people age their skin thins and thus with some people their nerve endings signal pain unless material is extremely soft and clothing loose. We have struggles with this for my Mom. She began insisting on wearing her clothes inside out because the seams irritate her skin. We found Walmart sweat pants great. I looked for sensory clothes used for autistic people but didn’t find anything suitable for her age (she’s 92) and style (she may be memory impaired but she knows what silly looks like). She also uses pants and shirt liners (turned inside out of course) to help. Labels irritate as well. People occasionally remark to me she has her clothes inside out and I receive that info with kindness and explain she knows and intends it so. She is with it enough to ask me if I am embarrassed to go out with her like that and I always reassure her I am not. And that’s the truth. My Mom’’s a trooper and remains the epitome of kindness of heart and self giving, even with no short term memory.
Reply to sparkielyle

Polar Fleece type pull on pants are great and they can be cut off if they are to long. The cut edge will not fray like other material so you don't even have to sew the hem.
The nice thing about fabric like this is it is easy to wash and dry, does not stain easily.
You can find them in Men's, Woman's or Children's departments so if you get solid colors they are pretty much "uni-sex" as well as gender neutral.
Reply to Grandma1954

Check Land's End. My mom is also short, and their catalog listings have measurements. I found a style that I didn't have to hem. (Forgot the name.)
Reply to Kittybee
juanitaloo May 4, 2020
Land's End does hemming for free (slacks, jeans, etc.)
(2)
I second Kohl's. They have a good selection of petites (and short and ankle length) online. They almost always have sales going on (and percentage off with kohls card) and have a good return policy if the items don't work out.

I believe they list the inseam on the item if you expand the details on the product page. I live in their petite and ankle length leggings! Soft, washable, and cute with a tunic top.
Reply to duckling

I'm a fan of Land's End. www.landsend.com. I think you can find a lot of different options for your Mom. Plus they have wonderful customer service.
Reply to Lifeissohard