Hi, I have my husband back on a schedule of brushing 2x a day. The problem is he doesn’t distinguish between eating and brushing. The whole time the toothbrush is in, he’s sucking on it and trying to bite it. Out of fear of poisoning him, I only put a tiny sliver of paste on the brush. In the last week, he has only successfully spit out once, and it was because he started coughing. Otherwise, he swallows it. He does have swallowing issues, and I’ve been thickening his drinks... but not the water to swish in his mouth, if only he’d swish and spit! Any tips?