He has contacted a tax accountant and wants me to set up an appointment. I am fit to be tied, I do everything for mom and made it very clear that I was not going to do the finances. So tired of being dumped on.

Thank you for your reply emelie, it makes more sense now that I know Mom was paying the airfare. Sorry!
Reply to pamzimmrrt

My mom still sends her stuff to her accountant in PA, and we live in MD. We just box it up and send it off. Easy Peasy, and no need for anyone to go anywhere but the post office. I totally get he does not want to fly 1200 miles to do this. Of course, I also get that you feel put upon,, but maybe for a lot of other reasons?
Reply to pamzimmrrt
anonymous763470 Feb 1, 2019
It’s just that I literally do everything else. This is the one thing he agreed to do, mom pays the airfare, and he’s bailing on me.
(0)
Most firms have a cloud that information can be uploaded to. He can use adobe to digitally sign any forms.
Reply to tacy022

I know where you are coming from, I really do.

But, how hard would it be to get her paperwork together. Her SS, pension, interest from bank, CDs, stocks, shares, etc. Taxes if she has a house and anything she needs for a long form if she does this. My preparer asks for ID and SS card. Just get it all together and drop it off at the accountant to do when he can. He can call you with any question, if you have no idea, then refer him to ur brother. The accountant is doing
the work.

Or send all the paperwork to your brother and have them done in his state. I live in NJ but use a preparer in Delaware and have for over 30 yrs.

If he is poa he must have all her finances and the info he needs. Have him do it over the phone with the accountant. You shouldn’t need to be involved unless I’m missing something?
Reply to rocketjcat