If brother gets POA for Mum now and he has a untrusting wife can we protest it?

Brother is now taking control over mums care mum may now give him POA but his wife is a golddigger and was kicked out of house for stealing mums money my friend says we can protest for these reasons?? I just want to protect mum from her claws.

16

Answers

Judge not, folks - this is a tremendous upheaval for someone, regardless, and if they are not posting their best posts right now, it would reflect the sheer terror of an unknown future as well as the sense of injustice. The truth will out.

kazzaa, I've tried to stay neutral and just report posts that are not helpful to the group. I have gotten to the point that I feel you are abusing the good will of this group. I hope you will take this opportunity to get back on your feet and leave your family and this group in peace. Your problems go beyond the scope of caregiving and I don't think anybody could offer any better advice than has already been given -- move on, get a job and take care of yourself. And please stop disrupting threads in the group. There are people posting that get drowned out in all the drama. I now feel the Dysfunctional Family thread is ruined -- quite an accomplishment, since it has lasted a few years now. I hope people will revive it and make it useful again.

I sleep well because I love my mother and my mother loves me and I know down to the depths of my soul that being with Mom now is where God wants me.I sleep well because I know I am a good, loving, thoughtful and generous person. I'm sure not perfect, but my heart is full of love, not hate.

I do not sleep very well mom is usually up 3 times a night...you see, she hallucinates and thinks someone is out to kill her. My 13 year old dog sleeps with her every night. She protects her.

Life is hard enough.... I try t make my mother's life enjoyable...so far, she's a happy camper.

kaazzaa, what is it you want with this post? If your mother is competent, she can assign anyone she wants to be her POA. Didn't you say that a psychiatrist declared that she doesn't even have dementia? I would think finding her to be incompetent would be hard. So, who would you protest to? She can make her own decision. You don't have to like it, but that is the way it is.

But based on previous posts I would think you would like it. Don't you want to be free of responsibility for her?

Get on with your own life now. And best wishes to you!

ff i lost my password so i dont know who i am anymore on here had to sign in a few times hard to keep your head for passwords!!!

yes ff they or she is one in the same.

Is Kaazzaa the same writer as Kazzaa? These are two different screen names.

Kaz, this is for you. I wish you the best. Take this time to get YOU straight in the head. Leave mom and siblings alone. You will not win.... it is a good time hun... be free

Kaazza, isn't this the chance you've been hoping for and waiting for and wishing for? To totally get out of the caregiving position? Why do you care that your brother's wife is a golddigger? There apparently hasn't been enough gold to have outsiders take care of Mom.

If Mom is competent to name a POA, she can name anyone she chooses. And she isn't naming her daughter-in-law. On what grounds could you protest this?

Please, take this opportunity to extricate yourself from this position that has been distressing you for so long.