Hi . Does anyone have any books , videos on YouTube or other resources on caregiver or coping with putting someone in a nursing home ? Been looking around. Thanks.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT SOMETING MORE PLEASANT by Roz Chast. She’s a cartoonist who chronicles her struggles with aging stubborn parents. The book is both hilarious and touching.

If you’re dealing with dementia check out you tube videos by Teepa Snow. They’re excellent.
Reply to Windyridge

I’m new to caregiving, and like to be ahead of the curve. My list of books and videos I’m reading now:

https://www.agingcare.com/questions/whats-the-best-info-you-know-of-to-help-clueless-family-members-understand-geriatric-decline-451858.htm
Reply to Katsmihur

Being Mortal. The 36 hour Day.
Reply to Segoline
Mikuhatsune01 Sep 3, 2019
Thanks . I'll check it out . :)
(0)
Do you mean how to or caregiver. For caregiver I recommend
George Hodgman's Bettyville, about a New York Editor who comes home to Missouri to care for his Alzheimer's stricken Mom.
Eleanor Cooney's 2003 book Death in Slow Motion,My Mother's Descent into Alzheimer's.
Both are heart-rending, and show the absolute desperation of giving this care, but can be at times laugh-out-loud funny.
As to reality, caregiving, I don't have a whole lot of ideas. Atul Gawande's book about end of life (cannot think of the name--so sorry). As to choices, Barbara Ehreinreich's (she wrote Nickled and Dimed) book about end of life choices--her last book, and I am sorry I can't remember the name of it, either, but Amazon will guide you, unless others here are way ahead of it. Someone mentioned Gawande's book today. Hopefully will come in to this thread.
Mikuhatsune01 Sep 3, 2019
Ok thank you . Ill look around
(0)