What is the best absorbent over-night underwear?

29

Answers

1 2 3
Here's another vote for Abena Abri-Flex Premium Air Plus. These get Mom through the night without the bed being flooded and sheets don't have to be changed nearly as often now. I order them through AmazonSmile.

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my comment about leaving the LO in a "wet" diaper all night. When I visit Mom for 4-7 days every 3 or 4 weeks, I don't get much sleep when she gets up frequently, and when she's had a UTI, that can be 7 or 8 times, once 4 times in 20 minutes, between needing to use the toilet, wanting a cup of water, she's too hot or the bedding is tangled! I would she would just SLEEP and let "it go", but she still has dignity her and will try to get up, with or without assistance. She wears a Depend with two pad inserts, then removes the top pad if it's wet. I prepare or two sets in advance and leave them on a table near the toilet so she can change herself.

My Mother became incontinent when she broke her neck.I used Depends(pull-ups)and I put the thickest,longest kotex I could find in her Depends and it absorbed pretty much all of it.I also put down pads ofcourse but they hardly ever got wet.I hope you find a good solution that helps you.Take care....

Good day CatyRay,
Not everyone can get up all hours of the morning to take their loved ones to the bathroom if they have to work everyday. My mom occasionally sleeps straight through the night, and doesn't awake to use the potty because she can get a bit off balance. However, having a good incontinence pull-up is good for me as well as my mom, because I have to go to work every day and need my rest too. I don't see a problem with it as long as it is taken off in the morning. I go to my mom between 6 & 7 am, then the caregiver arrives at 8am to wash and care for her for the rest of the day until I return. So no harm is done.
K.

Yes I was assuming that perhaps some ripples mother or father could not get up on their own to use the bathroom at night. My first three years mom would call me at least 12 times a Night to go to the bathroom as she is diabetic. It is a 15 minute ordeal. It's called complete sleep deprivation (that's why they use it in wAr for torture). I finally convinced her she needed to use pull ups with e tra padding but didn't want her in urine all night. If it his ise ver the situation for anyone please use TRIPLE PASTE as a protectorate to make sure their skin is protected. Mom is happy and working on six yeRs now I can sleep and function the next day and mom is alert in morning and Not another fall. Be careful They don't fall until they do.

i add the thicker pads in the diaper and that helps a lot!

Try wellness absorbent underwear designed to use day & night. It uses NASA inspired multilayer core to keep you completely dry the entire time you wear it. Only 1 change every 8 hours and 3 changes a day.

CatyRay, when you were an infant, your mother probably put you to bed at 8PM in a diaper and you awoke 10 hours later. You survived. So will she.

Should I assume that the wearer is not capable of getting up to use the bathroom but is left for 8 or 9 hours in a wet "diaper"? I wouldn't want to be in that situation and neither do I want that for my mother, as long as she's mentally competent and can get up to use the toilet.

My mother has dementia and definite problems with incontinence now. We tried many different "underwear" for her and found that the Tena Womens Protective Underwear fit her the best and she doesn't have leaks of any kind now! Just ordered some yesterday from Amazon. Had to search through alot of products but only paid .85 each for them. Good luck in finding something that works for your mom!

1 2 3