If become my Mother's aide, would I get paid?


My mother has dementia, and is also blind. She needs assistance. As long as her doctor gives confirmation via letter that she needs an aide.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing


Since she's your mother, would you consider providing assistance if you weren't paid? That would more likely be the situation. If you can't provide assistance without getting paid, you might want to contact APS to involve governmental agencies that can address her care. It sounds like she requires help now, and the agencies can take action to address her needs.
Helpful Answer (1)

That’s a very common question asking about being paid. Majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their parent, unless the parent is financially able to pay from their own pocket. If a parent can afford to pay you, the parent might as well hire a certified trained caregiver allowing you to keep a full-time job.

If you live in the States, see If your parent qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver come in to help for a couple hours. Also check to see if your State is one of those States that has a “Cash and Counseling” program to help you out, it‘s worth looking into. Note that each State has their own rules, regulations, and programs.

Also contact your county agency on aging for programs such as Case Management, Meals on Wheels, Adult Day Care, housing, care referrals, etc,... go to the website link below.... click on your State.... now click on the city/county. https://www.agingcare.com/local/Area-Agency-on-Aging

And please come back to the forums if you have any Caregiving questions, we would be more than happy to share our experiences with you, and give you ideas on what to do.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.