I have been caring for my friend for some time now. Now that he needs medical attention, I have been there for him. I live 50 miles from him and tried to get someone close to check on him but he does not want anyone eles. I also dont' get paid for this driving 100 miles round trip. (He's not willing to pay anyone).....Anyway, I have cared for my grandparents for years. I just need a certifcation or something to say, I am legal .

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Is this the friend that you mentioned in your profile, who is living in Assisted Living?

I'm a little confused. They have staff that checks on him, right? And you visit him often, and perhaps help him with some things? I don't understand why you need to have any "legal" status to visit and help a friend, especially one who is in ALF.

What is your main concern?
Helpful Answer (0)

Please consult with an attorney who specializes in Elder Care. This is MOST important so you don't get caught in any legal tangles. We'd all love to help; but we're not lawyers and it will cost a great deal more if you make errors. Sending hugs, Corinne
Helpful Answer (2)

It sounds to me like you need to get a power of attorney or a health care proxy to legally be able to make financial and health-related decisions for your friend. so long as these documents are notarized by your friend you should be able to legally care for him.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter