here is this awful smell in our home smells like death what could it be?

its a foul must order that we can get rid of what could it be ?

14

Answers

GANE GREEN smells like rotting flesh, If anyone is diabetic and or has wounds I would insist on looking at it you'll know right away the smell is unmistakable and I would drive them to the ER right away

I'll bet you have a dead mouse or other small critter that got stuck in a wall. The smell is exactly like death because it is!!!!!! Eventually it will go away. Do you have any live flowers in your house? Sometimes if the water gets old it will reek horriffically! You might check that too. I have a very sensitive sense of smell, and cannot stand anything bad. I hope that maybe this helps. Good luck! XOXO

we don't want to do it but we will have to point this out to her and tell her she needs to bath more or she is gone thanks u all very very much

blackdog - glad my little suggestion/intuition worked for you to bring out a potential unhealthy condition - wholeheartedly agree with golfbhard - plus poor hygene can be as well only a surface signal of some very deep problems, like low self-esteem. You have a right to create as pleasant and positive living conditions as you can. Living with someone who stinks is not my idea of a good time and is correctable, even if the only solution is to take her into the yard and turn the hose on her.

I don't want to sound insensitive, but if I were you, I'd be looking for another roommate. Just for health and sanitary reasons. I would not want to be around fungas. Serious infections can spread like they do in hospitals. I may be overreacting, but I have a comprimised immune system and I'd be careful. Maybe she needs to get some help with bathing if it is hard for her.

hey DT Our room mate is the one whos is over obese iam glad u point it out thank u very much she only spends a few minutes in the shower like 3 minutes if that is time to clean in each roll of loose skin when she ended up in the hospital last year at this time the nurses has to bath her well before they could get close to her the B.O COMING OFF OF HER WAS BAD she had fungus under the skin layers so it might be that as well

Is the odor concentrated in one place? I've had a mouse and another time a bird that came in through the dryer vent and died. Anything that came out of the drier stunk as did the room that the dryer is in. Definite smell of death!
The smell did go away after we cleaned it.

I am sorry to suggest something potentially insulting, but is anyone "obese" in the house? I have heard of a fungus that grows in between the folds of fat that has a distinct odor when someone is obese and does not wash regularly, but more research may be needed on that.

sometimes thats best...

we just decided to let it be its her life and we just let it go for now