My fiancé and I planned on getting married next year and his mom is buying a house for all of us to live in, is this a bad idea as newlyweds?

here. She is buying a house (escrow is 4-19) We were all going to live together. Now, I am panicking and want out. Finding out mom is going to be #1, by his words. I forsee disaster. Am I right ? Thanks, Rose

20

Answers

Sorry....I evidently missed something...but that is not unusual for me...so glad it worked out for you and the one you love...I sincerely hope it all works out for you. Good job!!!

If there is one thing I have learened over the years and that is to trust my gut. You know deep down wnat you need to do...best you found out now rather than later...it would have been too late. At least now you have a a way out. I agree with everyone that has posted...run and take care of yourself. You still have the chance to meet someone that WILL put you first and not Mom... you are a lucky girl to find out now! Best to you...and don't feel guilty! Just say NEXT!

Rose,

Awesome and wonderful news. That took a lot of guts to do what you did plus a lot of love for him which led you to do such a take no prisoners approach by getting him to read the input from such a diverse group all saying the same thing out of our concern for you and in response to a very important question deep in your heart and on top of your mind. I'm also very happy to hear his response. This confrontation sure was a wake up call for him that I hope he sticks with over time. He must have become more aware of how important yalls' relationship is and how much love is there. Now, finnally, you two are on the same page and starting to work together as a team. I would recommend getting some good pre-marital counseling or at least some newlywed counseling for some fine tuning sometime during that first year. My wife and I took advantage of doing this which I think helped us. Best to you and yours in the future!

Now THAT was a close one!

You caregivers rock.

Hey Roses! congratulations to you both and I hope you have a great wedding and lots of fun!

lovbob

Rose, I am so happy for you. I will pray that God continues to give you wisdom, and blesses your upcoming marriage. Tell your man he is one of the heroes. Best wishes to both of you, and to his mother.

Rose, this is great news. All the best!

You all are wonderful people with great advise. Rose was very lucky to find this site, and to receive such eye opening advise.

Good luck Ms. Rose.

Rose, aren't you glad you asked the question? You were very smart. I'm so glad you and your man had a heart to heart talk about your life together. Marriage is never easy but you are laying a good foundation with honesty and communication. I'm really proud for you!

Glad you both had the heart-to-heart talk, Roses619. That helps to build trust in your relationship with each other. Your issue is in no way petty. You didn't know what you were getting yourself into and your flight instinct took over. I also hope that your fiance is at peace with his decision and did not make his decision in haste so that he has no regrets as time passes. I applaud him for his loving commitment to his Mom's welfare. He and his Mom are blessed to have each other. His keeping an open mind about how to support his Mom is admirable.

Rose, I experienced a similar situation right after I married my husband. His mother was capable of creating a life for herself with some support from us, but wanted to live with us and direct our lives for us. The situation had a very negative impact on our marriage until his mother became angry with our lack of total attention toward her. She then moved in with his sister who had five children and needed help. However, my mother-in-law still caused problems there and was never satisfied. I pray that your heart help you make the right decision for you.