I have a 90+ lady who moved in with me when she could no longer stay in her reverse mortgaged home alone. She has outlived her family members except her half sister in England. She has sold the house and paid off the mortgage leaving about 50k in the bank. She is living with me and we are sharing utilities. She started with mild dementia which is progressing. She is talking about assisted suicide (not legal in NM). She has placed me as beneficiary on her bank account. I don't want that responsibility especially if she is successful in killing herself.
She has a will with the lawyer named as her POA and her executor. As she progresses to where she will have to be placed in care, or attempts suicide, can I just hand over her papers and bank account to the named lawyer and have him handle placement and her affairs?

The national suicide hotline is toll free. The first question you should ask her is how she plans to do it. Give that info to the hotline to kind of determine her intent

Yes, talk to him. As her POA he should have excess to her funds.

Talk to that lawyer now and figure out a plan
Reply to XenaJada