Is there a VA benefit that would assist disabled veteran with housekeeping and yard work?


My dad is totally disabled and my mom is disabled from a back injury. They need assistance with house work and yard work. I am the closes child of theirs but I am not able to do for them because of being in a wheelchair because of Post Polio Syndrome. I'm just trying to find some assistance for them.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing


My mother currently is using the VA benefits. The way it works for her is they provide her with a certain amount of money a month . Hers is $900 dollars. She applies this to her care . The Agency staff member cares for her and does the chores around the house like laundry , dishes ect and takes her out shopping and run errands for her. I think it depends on the agency you hire and what is included in there service .

Iam not sure if the the Va has an agency they send out . Make a list of questions you have . I hope this helps and God bless
Helpful Answer (1)

The VA Aid and Attendance covers ADL's: bathing, dressing, toileting, cooking meals, medication management as specified by an MD on form 2680. I have not seen coverage for cleaning and yard work. Sorry.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.