Hello garlic, I assume that you are in need of an elder law attorney because you are asking this question on an aging care forum.

www.nelf.org is the website that will help you find a certified elder law attorney in your area.

Please be aware that NAELA are NOT certified elder law attorney's, it is a membership of attorneys targeting elder law, no special certificate or training, any attorney can become a member. CELA is certified specialists in elder law and all that entails.

I found that they are actually cheaper because they are specifically trained and they do elder law day after day, so you are not paying for their education regarding your specific needs.

I would find a competent lawyer regardless of their certification. I found out the hard way that just because they have some acronym by their name doesn't necessarily mean much.
Reply to needtowashhair

Hey Garlic,
What are your needs, btw?
Reply to Sendhelp

I know the abbreviation as NAELA.
Reply to Sendhelp
worriedinCali Jan 21, 2020
There are 2 different ones. CELA and NAELA. Both are certified elder law attorneys
(0)
thank you both
Reply to garlic123

I would recommend seeing a CELA (Certified Elder Law Attorney). Check to see if they have any specific information on their websites making them qualified for your need.
Reply to thingsarecrazy8

https://nelf.org/default.aspx

Search for a CELA in your area.
Reply to mstrbill