I am a veteran and receive my health care thru my local VA hospital. I would like to make some improvements on my home but with limited income proves a great challenge. Is there any assistance programs out there to help me make these improvements on my home? Please help. Thank you.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
The VA does offers home improvement assistance for a limited range of reasonable improvements.

Best thing to do is either call a local VA rep (google your county or state and VA services), or ask the social worker assigned to your VA primary care doctor to help you access home improvement help.

You can familiarize yourself by googling "VA, home improvement assistance" and "VA home improvement grants."

You can also contact your local municipality, township, etc., ask for the department that deals with emergency home repairs/improvements, and find out if they get HUD or other grants to help homeowners. In my experience, these are usually emergency repairs only.

Also contact your local senior center and senior centers of other local communities and ask about agencies that help. In area, there's a two-county agency that offers limited home improvement services.

Habitat for Humanity and some Methodist churches offer free repairs by volunteers.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter