He has eye disease-toxoplasmosis- epilepsy and back and neck problems and is on disability.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Does your son have any mental disabilities like mental retardation or brain damage from the epilepsy? My epilepsy has left me with short term memory damage but I manage. I would contact APS and have them help you or contact your county and see what services are available to him to get him out of your house. He might benefit from having some vocational services and being in a group home.
Helpful Answer (2)

Is your son on Medicaid? If yes, there should be a social worker assigned to him that can help him apply for benefits. There are low income/rent subsidy programs through HUD (Section 8 housing). There are food benefits (like SNAP supplemental nutrition assistance program). However, if he has eye disease, getting the social worker to help you and him fill out paperwork. If he doesn't have Medicaid, you would need to start there. I found the following Florida government agency:
The Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD) works in partnership with local communities and private providers to assist people who have developmental disabilities and their families. APD also provide assistance in identifying the needs of people with developmental disabilities for supports and services. APD also maintains a resource directory as an informational service to help individuals with disabilities learn about available resources and organizations in their local communities.
Community Resource Directory:
Phone number: 1-866-273-2273
Helpful Answer (4)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter