My father-in-law will be discharged soon and he can't eat solid foods.

Find Care & Housing
The short answer is yes there are, but it is expensive. There are a few threads on the forum about puree foods, you might want to use the site search to see what has been said. Here is a recent one:
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to cwillie