Should APS be called to get my Mother's dementia diagnosed?

I've lost POA due to false claims by Mom while being her caregiver, and now she's in a nursing home. I've been screaming to everyone, including her new POA that she is most likely suffering from Dementia, and she is not being tested.She has has suffered a few mini strokes over the last three years, and has shown many symptoms of this disease, but until recently I didn't realize it was Dementia until I researched it, and talked to folks like you. I've called a mediator as well, as talking to what little family I have is not an option. I am wondering if APS would be an option?

14

Answers

Jayl, what type of medical treatment or care do you think she would benefit from if she were to get a diagosis for dementia?

This getting a bit confusing. You say you don't know what's going on in the AL, but also say that she's getting excellent care. Ok. So what medical care do you think she needs that would necessitate APS opening a case on your mom? She's getting excellent care already, right? Perhaps you want her diagnosed with dementia to somehow use that as a defense in your court cases? Hmmm? And you are choosing to stick with your loser attorney and complain about him instead of doing something else? Glad to hear you have your own source of income and a place to work out of. Now you should be able to afford to eat and pay some of the bills you mentioned before. Sorry if I've been bullying you. I have worked as an investigator in Child Protective Services and have little tolerance for people who get arrested for battery against children, the disabled and elderly.

Huh?

You seem quite combative Vegaslady, are you the lounge bully?

I meant this wasn't about physical, but medical.

This wasn't about abuse, but not getting her treated, or taken care of medically is a form of abuse, especially under these circumstances.

Me, and Mom were frequent visitor's to Vegas once, sometimes twice a year up until now. Mom loved to gamble, not me as much. Going to miss our trips down there :-(

vegaslady, I have my own business thank you very much. I just was not able to operate while I was away from my home, since I run this business from the home, and was taking care of my mother. Maybe I'm not a dementia expert as some of you apparently are, but that was the reason to join this group, to help me understand, and get some help through people that may be going through the same thing, so do yourself a favor, and stop sounding so arrogant.

Adult Protective Services is not the answer to whatever your problem is. What do you expect them to do? Your mother is not being abused. You're better off getting ready for your criminal case than involving APS and trying to get someone else to fight your battle. As has been said to you on another thread, you don't know how to handle a demented person. I repeat my advice, go get a job.

My attorney is a joke, and I'm pretty much broke now because of what's happened. Hiring a team of attorney's isn't going to happen sorry to say.