I'm a 54 yr old, disabled woman who read that there is an exception to the transfer penalty rules for a transfer directly to a disabled child of any age or to am Irrevocable Trust for their benefit. Another person on here talked about a special needs trust for their adult daughter, the 5 yr rule doesn't apply. My Mom is 82 yrs old in assisted living fr Alz. disease for 2 yrs in Nov paying from what $ she has left. I take care of her acct and finances, shopping for clothes etc for her. I wonder when they look back 5 yrs and they c Mom wrote a check out to me directly for no more than $250 tops thru the years for helping her. I also paid my cc bills for the last 5 mos and hit wrong acct whch is Moms. I show in my acct I put $$ in the acct to cover my mos. bills, but I made a huge mistake. It came out of her checking acct. My acct and her accts numbers r 4 digits 1 ending in0027 and 0028. When I paid bills online it w/d out of her acct. Bank statements now will be given 2 atty on 8/23. I have the money all I want to do is pay it back... but it would get worse as if I was trying to pull something. I have taken care of my great loving Mom. If I were going to steal from her which I haven't all my life, I sure wouldn't do the monthly w/d from her bank acct so near to filing for Title 19 5 months in a row. So as a disabled daughter, will they penalize me? I am so stressed. Brother upset. Can anyone answer my questions on above? Thanks very much.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing
Serenity, I am moving your post back to the front page to see if anyone can help you. Your question is very complex.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter