My Mom was getting forced into Assisted Living before she needed it and we had to extricate her from the To Taylor Community for he safety.

Here is DownonTaylor's other posting.  It explains that the family "found that her personal Help button was not working during medical emergency."

https://www.agingcare.com/questions/looking-for-an-attorney-to-file-for-breach-of-contract-and-reckless-endangerment-against-taylor-comm-448872.htm?orderby=recent

All is not "rosy". It very much depends on both the facility itself AND most importantly, the quality of care within that facility. Until you are confident, I would suggest family members show up frequently at different times on different days. My mother is getting tremendous care - most of the time - but there are, as anywhere, individuals that are more caring than others.

DownonTaylor, the Staff at a senior community has been on hundreds of rodeos compared to our one. Thus, they know when it is time to move a person from Independent Living over to Assisted Living.

When my elder Dad was living, the Staff called me into a meeting to let me know it was time for Dad to move from his Independent Living apartment over to Assisted Living/Memory Care. That really caught me by surprised.

Since I wasn't around Dad 24 hours a day, I didn't know of the various situations that were happening. Apparently whenever I had visited Dad, he was able to keep his mind together for the hour that I was there, thus I thought everything was rosy. Thus, I really appreciated the Staff at the facility guiding me to a new direction for Dad.

Now I am curious why you think your Mom would have been unsafe in Assisted Living? My Dad said he felt more secure being in Assisted Living. I know I felt more secure knowing that the building doors were locked so that whenever Dad started to roam at night, he wouldn't be able to leave the building.... no different than locking the doors at home at night.
Mito May 16, 2019
We caught them in a multiple lies to her Doctor and to us. Said she was missing meds when she wasn't, put her through cognitive testing without explaining to her, didn't accommodate for her hearing impairment. Would you trust them to take care of her?!!
(0)