Is there any way to get paid for caregiving?


I am taking care of my mom, l had to leave my job, well choose to leave. She has AETNA as well as Medicare part d we do not want her in a nursing home when I can do this.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing


None of those will pay family. Low income Medicaid patients can get waivers for stay at home services, but the services are through an agency, not paid to family.
Helpful Answer (1)

Majority of grown children do not get paid for caring for their elderly parent, unless the parent is financially able to pay from their own pocket. If a parent can afford to pay you, the parent might as well hire a certified trained caregiver… thus allowing you to keep or look for a full-time job so you can build up your own retirement, social security and Medicare.

If your parent qualifies for Medicaid, the State might allow a trained Caregiver from an Agency to come in to help a couple hours a day. It is hard to find a State that has a program to pay a grown child to care for a parent, but there are exceptions such as California.

Also, check with your local Council on Aging to see what programs they offer, such as an Aide coming to the house.
Helpful Answer (1)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.