Have you talked with an elder law attorney? If she is on hospice, Medicare will pay for hospice. There are plans that will pay the difference between what her pension is and what the cost of care.
Reply to gladimhere

Get too much in retirement to be eligible for Medicaid, she is past the point of rehab. Our primary care physician tried writing a script once and we were denied. Thanks to all for your suggestions. I have pretty much exhausted all my options. A 3% fee on the use of a credit card is minor considering the $300 a day cost to stay at a skilled nursing facility.
Reply to pattikay77

I am doubtful that a facility will take credit cards as they have to pay a fee for the service and they don't get the money right away and people can dispute the charges, but you never know so it can't hurt to ask.
Reply to Geaton777

Call and ask the facilities. If there is no assets, have you applied for Medicaid?

Call the Area Agency on Aging. They can help find resources you need. Medicare will pay for rehab after a qualified hospital stay.

Ask her doc if he would prescribe some respite. Ask your doc for help.
Reply to gladimhere