Any good nursing homes in central NJ?

Please share only good experiences with long term facilities in central NJ. Bridgewater/branchburg/Bound Brook Area.

17

Answers

GardenArtist, yes, we do have both Medicare and Medicaid and even MLTSS program
Reply to poetry21

Amen! Thank you for the statistics! I would like to use them again! What's your source?
Not for profit for writing purposes as I am not able to work and cannot find my way out of this "end of life stage" for someone I loved for so long now.
Thank you again. I lost Mom very shortly after taking her out of nursing home and putting her in hospice care at home. At least she was at home. Sudden stroke...God...all God...
Reply to clembo

Poetry, I missed this post:

"Does all religious NH are for non profit? how to find them? She does not have money at all, so she will be qualify. Only Social supplemental security income."

It helps to understand the funding and legal status of religious facilities. They may be nonprofit, but they still can charge rates similar to those of profit facilities. W/o skimming through previous posts, I don't recall if you've indicated that you've started a Medicaid process. With only SS for funding, I think that's going to have to be your option.

Have you begun the Medicaid process? If not, you'll have to find homes that take Medicaid pending status. Others here have a great deal of experience with Medicaid and can offer more insightful and thorough advice.

Poetry, how many nursing homes have you researched or interviewed? There are some excellent posters here with sound advice, but there are also nay-sayers. You have to decide to whom you'll listen, and when you'll go out to facilities, interview, and do your own research.

Daughterof1930 is an established poster with excellent insight, analytical ability, compassion, and common sense. Listen to what she says.

I think it would help if you also did some research on your own. If you're interested in religious owned/managed facilities, google as I just did:

Hits for "religious nursing homes, central NJ":

google.com/search?source=hp&ei=KA0sW_36GcGijwSxprioAg&q=religious+nursing+homes%2C+central+NJ&oq=religious+nursing+homes%2C+central+NJ&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30k1.2091.19478.0.19746.35.30.0.4.4.0.221.3339.11j18j1.30.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..2.33.3325...0j0i131k1j0i22i30k1j33i21k1j33i160k1.0.FFHCs5wTCZ0.

Make up a checklist of what you want, read more posts here about the type of service you want, others' experiences, finesse your checklist and start calling. Research on the Medicare website to get insight into ratings.

Decide if you want a spectrum of care, or specifically what type of "nursing home" you want ?

Create a short list of ones to interview, and off you go to see in person not only what they're like, but to make on site observations.

In the long run, you'll have to rely only on YOUR OWN observations, interactions, and discussions.

Poetry, please be very careful about what “statistics” you believe, as well as the source they’re coming from. Look around on this site, a thread on discussion about ALF limitations in particular may help illuminate some things for you. You have a big decision ahead of you and I hate to see you or anyone make it based on info that’s not so reliable.
My mother spent four years in a nursing home. It wasn’t the choice any of us wanted for her but was 100% unavoidable. Her care was in no way possible for a family to do following a devastating stroke. We found the best way to find a great nursing home, and they are out there, is to visit at different times of the day, walk around and notice things. Are the staff members interacting with residents, are there bad smells, are residents up and about as much as is possible, does the food look good, is the place clean, are people friendly and willing to answer questions? Those kinds of things tell the story of a good facility, you’ll get a feel for a place you’ll feel comfortable with, as well as some you’ll run from. Online ratings can only tell some of the story. There’s no perfect place, and that’s where family comes in, visiting often and making sure the staff knows you’re there and you care makes a huge difference. Blessings to you as you figure this out and find the best place
Reply to Daughterof1930

Thanks Let me know if you ll find something....
Reply to poetry21

thank you shakingdustoff, can you tell me websites where those religious NH listed? when I tried the search it gives me the usual ones....
But anyway thanks for hearing....330? ha ha, I dont even have so much...so case closed...Hope for myself do not live too much long and I probably will not as being a biologist I know what that means to have a cancer diagnosis even if the doctors said to you that you ve been treated.
Reply to poetry21

Does all religious NH are for non profit? how to find them? She does not have money at all, so she will be qualify. Only Social supplemental security income.
Reply to poetry21

Terrible statistics, but it is what it is. What to do, if you can not provide 24/7 care at home with private pay and you should work otherwise you and your kids will stay without medical insurance and you by yourself is a cancer patient and your mom is 90 years old with feeding tube and can not stay home alone? Better kill yourself than feel terrible guilt of putting her in NH? No choice. I ve read somewhere that NH is a places to die...so is it really true? completely unsolvable situation.
Reply to poetry21

Bethlehem PA is a little bit far from us, and then assisted living and Nursing homes also a little bit different in caring needs. but thanks anyway
Reply to poetry21